Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank goodness for the towel


It's been kind of a roller coaster day but we're back on the upswing. Madeleine was crying a lot over the last 36 hours - grieving. Today she cried for an hour straight, kicking and screaming. What was interesting was that she laid her head on my chest while she did this. So she's attached but grieving. I just felt so bad for her. She must miss her foster family and the familiarity of family life there.

Above she's pictured with her towel. All her reports say that she loves sucking on her towel. When we picked her up from the orphanage, she didn't have anything with her so I asked the staff for a towel and am I ever glad I did! She loves her towel, especially when it's a little damp.

On the upside of things, she had a very good afternoon after her nap. As I promised Jason, here are some movies of her. The first one is from the first day here. The second one is from this evening right after dinner. She really likes Carol and she bonded with Eric dropping silverware off the table. We're also trying something new to help her bond with Eric. He's feeding her bottles. I had to hold her but she did allow him to hold the bottle - so that's an improvement.




2 comments:

Rebekah Wilson said...

I can't thank you enough for the movies!!! those are just too precious! I hope there will be more. I love her laugh! How contagious!

Keane said...

How precious!